30 GCAP National Coalitions participated in the launch of action/2015 (in addition to GCAP Europe, the Global Secretariat and Council, the Feminist Task Force and the Socially Excluded Task Force of GCAP) – on the streets and on social media.
THANK YOU for making the 15 January launch of action/2015 a huge success! If your experience is anything like ours, your inbox has been overflowing with updates from across the world. In this newsletter, we’d like to share with you a brief overview. Let’s start with a few statistics:
- Number of countries that participated in the launch : 64
- Ratio of African countries with launch events: 1 in 2
- Total number of action/2015 participating organisations & countries: 1251 & 128
- Number of organisations that have joined action/2015 since launch day: 187
- Region with the largest number of new participants: Latin America
- Media Coverage: 300 ‘articles’ (including radio & TV) in more than 35 countries
- Total Social Media Reach: 55.8 million people
- Number of times people tweeted #action2015: More than 46,000
- Top action/2015 key words in social media:
Of course, numbers only go so far. What’s really impressive is the passion and energy of people like you who are campaigning tirelessly to end poverty, inequalities and dangerous climate change.