Global Call to Action Against Poverty (GCAP) is looking for an:
Finance and Administration Manager
The Global Call to Action Against Poverty (GCAP) is a civil society alliance in 58 countries around the world that brings together local and international NGOs, women’s and youth movements, trade unions, community and faith groups and others to call for action from world leaders in the global North and South to meet their promises to end poverty and inequality. GCAP’s main aim is to achieve policy and practice changes that will improve the lives of people living in poverty. GCAP adds to existing campaigning on poverty by forming diverse, inclusive national platforms that are able to open up civil society space and advocate more effectively than individual organisations would be able to do on their own. It also organises global mass mobilisations that express solidarity between the global North and South, allow tens of millions of ordinary people to make their voices heard and bring pressure on national and world leaders.
Please send us a CV with your relevant experience and a motivation letter by 6 May 2019 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate in the subject of the message:
“Finance and Administration Manager – [your name & family name]”.
The post holder will report to the Director.
We are looking for a highly committed person to lead the finance and administration management of the GCAP Global Foundation.
- Finance Management: 40%
- Budgeting and analysis of budget and cash flow trends
- Management of the accounting and corresponding supporting documents
- Supervise the work of the Finance and Administration Officer
- Project expenditures follow up
- Liquidity management
- Project reporting to donors (EU funded project and others)
- Preparation of audits, communication with the auditor
- Financial reporting to the Global Council and General Assembly
- Fundraising and Donor management: 30%
- Contacts and communication with donors
- Donor screening, calls for proposals, address and contact management
- Budgeting for proposals
- HR Administration and Office Management: 30%
- Technical support to staff recruitment and employment contracts
- Staff administration e.g. payrolls, holidays, timesheets
- Travel management
- Office management, maintenance and supplies
The Finance and Administration Manager will be a member of the GCAP team and contribute to the overall development of GCAP. This included attending regular and ad hoc meetings. Additionally, there may be other tasks and opportunities in cooperation with the team and at request of the director.
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience in finances and administration
- Post graduate or Masters level
- Relevant education, training and professional qualification in finance and administration
- Experience in the field of accounting
- Proven knowledge of EU grant regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Capable of working independently and extremely accurately
- Flexible and adaptable
- Comprehensive IT literacy
- Language proficiency required in English – French and Dutch are helpful
- Open and friendly personality, able to work efficiently in an international team
- Belgium work permit
The Finance and Administration Manager is employed in the European Secretariat in Brussels. The position is 75% (four days a week) with flexibility also depending on the person. We offer a very good atmosphere in an interesting global team with meaningful work in the office located in central Brussels. The salary is based on the global salary structure of GCAP. Additional benefits will be included. The starting date is as soon as possible. The length of the contract is permanent. Evaluation: The post holder will have an annual review meeting with the GCAP Director, which will be based on the job description.