The Global Call to Action Against Poverty (GCAP) is a civil society alliance in 58 countries around the world that brings together local and international NGOs, women’s and youth organisations, constituency, community and faith-based groups and others to call for action from governments in the Global North and South to meet their promises to end poverty and inequalities. See more on www.gcap.global
Job Summary: We are looking for a highly committed person to lead the finance and administration management of the GCAP Global Foundation. Our team and partners are spread around the globe but we manage all our grants from our busy Brussels office. As our Finance and Administration Manager you will manage one staff member and lead our overall financial management.
Please send us a CV with your relevant experience and a motivation letter which sets out how your past experience equips you for the responsibilities outlined below by 12 January 2020 via email to email@example.com.
Please indicate in the subject of the message “Finance and Administration Manager – Your Name Your Family Name”.
The post holder will report to the Director.
- Finance Management:
- Budgeting and analysis of budget and cash flow trends
- Management of the accounting and corresponding supporting documents
- Supervise the work of the Finance and Administration Officer
- Project expenditures follow up
- Liquidity management
- Management of the bank accounts and payments
- Project reporting to donors (EU funded project and others)
- Preparation of audits, communication with the auditor
- Preparation of financial reporting to the Global Council and General Assembly
- HR Administration and Office Management:
- Technical support to staff recruitment and employment contracts
- Staff administration e.g. payrolls, holidays, timesheets
- Travel management
- Office management, maintenance and supplies
- Support contacts and communication with Donors
- Donor screening, calls for proposals, address and contact management
- Budgeting for proposals
Relevant education, training and professional qualification in finance and administration
At least 5 years of relevant working experience in finances and administration
Proven knowledge of EU grants regulations
Excellent organisational skills
Capable of working independently and extremely accurately
Flexible and adaptable
Comprehensive IT literacy
Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues
Language proficiency required in English; French or Dutch is helpful, Spanish welcome
Open and friendly personality, able to work efficiently in an international team
You have the right to work in Belgium
The Finance and Administration Manager is employed in the European Secretariat in Brussels. The position is around 50% with flexibility including working days and hours, and according to the tasks defined and the qualification of the applicant. We offer a very good atmosphere in an interesting global team with meaningful work in our office located in central Brussels. The salary is based on the global salary structure of GCAP and is in the range of €1400 – 1800 per month. Additional benefits include: Flexible working hours, lunch vouchers €8/day, reimbursement for Brussels public transport card.
The starting date is as soon as possible.