Diaconia Center of Relief and Development is a Czech-based nonprofit that specializes in aid, development, and social service projects across the globe. Our work is based on the principles of social justice and empowerment. We partner with small, in-country social service organizations to help them better serve their communities. We support and collaborate on long-lasting projects in Asia, Africa, Eastern Europe and the Middle East to address social, environmental, health, and economic issues. Each project respects the history and cultural uniqueness of our local partners and gives them agency over the process. This model allows them to develop their own strategies to alleviate poverty and injustice in all its forms.We are one of the largest organizations in the Czech Republic providing social services. We care for our clients every day in direct care in more than 130 facilities, centers and special schools. We offer social, medical, educational and pastoral care.
Global Call to Action Against Poverty (GCAP) supports people in their struggles for justice and brings individuals and organisations together to challenge the institutions and processes that perpetuate poverty and inequalities. Together, we defend and promote human rights, gender justice, social justice, climate justice and the security needed for the dignity and peace of all.
GCAP is a network of over 11,000 civil society organisations (CSOs) organized in 58 National Coalitions and in constituency groups of women, youth and social justice, among others.
ActionAid is an independent, international organization that has been working since 1972, with over 15 million people in 45 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice.
Through education, collective action and solidarity, ActionAid brings real change to the lives of the most marginalized people. It supports people to rely on their own power to claim a life of dignity. It helps local communities take action to hold their governments accountable, and joins forces together with local organizations to advocate against policies and practices that perpetuate poverty and social injustice.
FOCSIV - Volontari nel mondo is the biggest Italian Federation of Christian NGOs and Volunteer sending organizations, working for the “development of all the people and the whole human person” both in the North and the South of the World.
The Federation counts at present 86 organization members, with a membership base of 5.300 people, 398 groups and over 30.000 supporters. FOCSIV deploys over 600 volunteers in 470 projects and about 3.000 cooperation workers in developing countries. Over 5.000 volunteers cooperate to carry out projects both in Italy and abroad. FOCSIV serves as secretariat of GCAP Italy.
Ambrela – Platform for Development Organisations is an umbrella organisation of 27 mostly non-governmental organisations in Slovakia which focus on development cooperation, humanitarian aid, global development education and sustainable development at home and abroad. The platform represents the common interests of its members both domestically and internationally.
Povod, Institute for culture and development of international relations in culture, is coordinating cross-sectoral initiative for Agenda 2030 and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Slovenia to monitor its implementation inside the country, to support advocacy activities of civil society and promote implementing of goals on all levels of society activities. Povod is mainly working on international development cooperation and intercultural dialogue. We are national coordinator of GCAP Slovenia and the Head of Network of the Anna Lindh Foundation, which is the main platform for cooperation of civil society in the Euro-Mediterranean region. Our activities consists of local actions on national level and advocacy as well international projects globally.
The Bulgarian Platform for International Development (BPID) is a network of 15 Bulgarian CSOs working in the field of development cooperation and education. BPID activities mainly focus on conducting advocacy and policy dialogue, raising social awareness and collecting and analyzing data on the topics of development cooperation, 2030 Agenda, migration, global education, etc. The organization is partnernering several international projects in line with its priorities.
Established in 2009 BPID brings together development NGOs with diverse expertise in development education, human rights, gender, minorities’ rights/education/integration, disability, children and youth, social inclusion, health. BPID is the Bulgarian national platform member of CONCORD Europe and of GCAP.
- Migration and SDGs Case Analysis - BPID- February 2020
- Case Study: “What If It Were Us?” Tackling Forced Displacement Trends: Slovenia and Refugee Admissions – Povod – February 2020
- From Global to Local: Migration as an opportunity for sustainable cities and communities - ActionAid - 12.2019
- Case study - Social remittances of migrants from the Middle East living in the Czech Republic
- Migration and Development - Focsiv - May 2020
- Development Cooperation and its Impact on Migration Flows - Ambrela - April 2020
- Migration in Third Countries - the Jordanian case - Focsiv - 19.03.2020
- Gender and Migration - Focsiv - 11.03.2020
- Climate Change and Migration - Focsiv - 24.02.2020
- Background-Paper-Forced_Migration - Povod
- Social Inclusion of Migrants in the EU - Focsiv - 24.02.2020
- Immigration from the MENA Region to the Czech Republic
- Cooperation of Diaconia with Community Center in Lebanon
- Evacuate refugee camps to prevent a catastrophe in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic - March 2020
- Open Letter to EU Leadership on the Alarming Situation of Refugees at the Turkish – Greek border - Protect our laws and humanity! - March 2020
- Joint statement: The new Pact on Asylum and Migration: An opportunity seized or squandered? - February 2020