Communications Officer based in Asia
Deadline June 23, 2022 [deadline was extended by 5 days on June 9th]
The Global Call to Action Against Poverty (GCAP) is a civil society alliance in 58 countries around the world that brings together local and international NGOs, women’s and youth organisations, constituency, community and faith-based groups and others to call for action from governments in the Global North and South to meet their promises to end poverty and inequalities. See more on www.gcap.global
Job Summary: The Global Call to Action Against Poverty (GCAP) is looking for a highly motivated individual to be part of our decentralised, dynamic and international team. This full-time role (with the possibility to be part time) is a remote-work/home-office position which may require occasional international travel. The position is based in Asia, for example, in India or the Philippines.
Application procedure: Please send us a CV and a motivation letter which sets out how your past experience equips you for the responsibilities outlined below by June 23 2022 via email to email@example.com.
Please indicate in the subject of the message “Communications Officer – Your Name Your Family Name”.
This position reports directly to the Director of GCAP.
- Preference gill be given to female applicants.
- Journalistic skills and a background in journalism is required.
- Preference will be given to a person having at least 1-2 years of experience in the field of communications.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Comprehensive IT literacy and the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues.
- Knowledge and experience managing and using social media, especially Facebook and Twitter.
- A keen interest and awareness of international development issues related to poverty and inequalities, such as vaccine inequality, climate justice, gender equality, social protection, and other issues is highly designed.
- A near native level of English is required, other working languages, such as Spanish and French, are an asset.
- A good or basic understanding of design tools such as CANVA, Photoshop or other tools is an asset.
The GCAP Communications Officer is responsible for the creation and implementation of the communications strategy for the entire GCAP Network of 58 National Coalitions and several constituency groups. The Communications Officer is part of the GCAP Global Secretariat, their tasks include but are not limited to:
1) Website management
Coordination of the GCAP website including the content management, creation in coordination with ongoing campaigns, GCAP National Coalitions and Constituency Groups, allies and other colleagues.
2) Newsletters: Writing, design, technical management
Management of the GCAP Newsletter including the technical management using the Mailchimp platform. The creation of an annual schedule for Newsletter publications, creating drafts, circulating for feedback and obtaining approval form the Director and political leadership of GCAP.
3) Social Media
Regular posts on social media in line with ongoing campaigns, events and other activities of the GCAP network. Creation and implementation of the network’s social media strategy, following GCAP´s multi annual strategy with clear aims and objectives to increase interaction, reach and appeal of the GCAP network.
4) Publications: Statements
Preparation, publication and distribution of statements and establish and maintain relevant contacts with media outlets and journalists.
Conditions and remuneration:
This position is completely remote (home office) with a high level of flexibility with regards to working hours whilst accommodating the global timetable of an international organisation. We envision a payment of approximately 1000 USD per month as full-time position, with the possibility of part-time work.
Starting date: July 2022